Hamptons Backyard Wedding Photography
Long Island Micro Wedding Photographer
A micro wedding, or a small/intimate wedding, are some of my favorite to shoot! A micro wedding typically includes a guest list of up to 50 guests. These guests are usually immediate family and super-close friends only. Here are some awesome pros to having a micro wedding on Long Island, or anywhere:
- You get to spend more time with the people you really want to celebrate with, rather than being stretched thin and having to make your rounds to chat with 200+ people the entire evening.
- The most obvious pro: lower costs! With a smaller head count, you can lower your budget overall OR use your budget on perfecting the details or splurging on extra and/or more expensive vendors.
- With a smaller headcount, you open yourself up to even more venue options that you didn't have with a large guest list. For example, your own backyard, cafes, restaurants, rooftop bars, a park, galleries, or your favorite little winery. These are all fun places that would be a great alternative to a catering hall, which you could still book if wanted!
The only real con to a micro wedding is that you may hurt some feelings by not inviting every family member or every friend and their +1. If you're looking for more information about intimate weddings, check out this article that dives into three different types of small weddings, not only micro weddings!
Here is a list of some great Long Island Micro Wedding Venues:
- Your backyard!
- A park like Islip Grange in Sayville, NY
- Your favorite restaurant, wherever it may be!
- Calissa Hamptons in Water Mill, NY
- Jedediah Hawkins Inn in Riverhead, NY
- RGNY Wine in Riverhead, NY
- The Loft by Bridgeview in Island Park, NY
- Bailey Arboretum in Lattingtown, NY
- Navy Beach in Montauk, NY
- Westbury Manor in Westbury, NY
- Bridgehampton Tennis & Surf Club in Bridgehampton, NY
- The Halyard at Sound View in Greenport, NY
Annalise and Alec's wedding was an intimate backyard wedding with close family and friends in Westhampton, New York. It was a perfect day that had all of the same aspects a large/'traditional' wedding has, just with a smaller guest list! This dreamy shot was captured while Annalise and her daughter were taking a sneak peek at the arriving guests.
Location: Southampton, NY.Keywords: Backyard Wedding (3), Portrait (18), Southampton.