North Fork Intimate Wedding Photographer
Long Island Micro Wedding Photographer
A micro wedding, or a small/intimate wedding, are some of my favorite to shoot! A micro wedding typically includes a guest list of up to 50 guests. These guests are usually immediate family and super-close friends only. Here are some awesome pros to having a micro wedding on Long Island, or anywhere:
- You get to spend more time with the people you really want to celebrate with, rather than being stretched thin and having to make your rounds to chat with 200+ people the entire evening.
- The most obvious pro: lower costs! With a smaller head count, you can lower your budget overall OR use your budget on perfecting the details or splurging on extra and/or more expensive vendors.
- With a smaller headcount, you open yourself up to even more venue options that you didn't have with a large guest list. For example, your own backyard, cafes, restaurants, rooftop bars, a park, galleries, or your favorite little winery. These are all fun places that would be a great alternative to a catering hall, which you could still book if wanted!
The only real con to a micro wedding is that you may hurt some feelings by not inviting every family member or every friend and their +1. If you're looking for more information about intimate weddings, check out this article that dives into three different types of small weddings, not only micro weddings!
Here is a list of some great Long Island Micro Wedding Venues:
- Your backyard!
- A park like Islip Grange in Sayville, NY
- Your favorite restaurant, wherever it may be!
- Calissa Hamptons in Water Mill, NY
- Jedediah Hawkins Inn in Riverhead, NY
- RGNY Wine in Riverhead, NY
- The Loft by Bridgeview in Island Park, NY
- Bailey Arboretum in Lattingtown, NY
- Navy Beach in Montauk, NY
- Westbury Manor in Westbury, NY
- Bridgehampton Tennis & Surf Club in Bridgehampton, NY
- The Halyard at Sound View in Greenport, NY
Carole and Jim had an intimate backyard wedding with close family and friends on Long Island's North Fork. Their ceremony was actually held on their amazing porch. It was a perfect day that had all of the same aspects a large/'traditional' wedding has, just with a smaller guest list!
Location: North Fork, Long Island.Keywords: Intimate Weddings (27), North Fork (13), Portrait (18).